Are You Being Investigated for Benefit Fraud?
As Benefit Fraud Solicitors in Derry / Londonderry we have a record of excellence in defending all types of benefit fraud charges.
A Benefit Fraud investigation can be extremely stressful and a criminal conviction can have a serious impact on your future. Specialist advice from expert Benefit Fraud Solicitors is needed to ensure that your position is fully protected.
Free Consultation Available – Contacting us is easy and all initial enquiries are free of charge – Call now on 028 71 229 343
How Can We Help?
More and more people are being investigated for benefit fraud by the Social Security Agency (SSA). This has led to an increase in Prosecutions.
We offer friendly support and clear advice during this difficult time. We will handle everything on your behalf and represent you in court. Our service starts with a free consultation, so you can find out more about how we can help.
If you are currently under investigation for benefit fraud, or you have received a Court Summons call us today. We understand that you are in a troubling situation – not only could your benefits be taken away, you could also face a fine and even a prison sentence.
How Much Will It Cost?
We know that you might be concerned about the cost of hiring a solicitor. We provide an initial Free Consultation to discuss your case and assess your options.
We can apply for Legal Aid on your behalf which will cover any Legal Costs or Fees for your case.
What is Benefit Fraud?
There are various examples of benefit fraud. The SSA may claim that you –
- Failed to disclose your true financial circumstances. For example, you were working while claiming benefits or you did not declare all your savings because you knew that it would affect your entitlement to the benefit.
- Were dishonest about your living arrangements. For example, you were living with someone but claiming benefits as a single parent.
- Used a false identity or used false documents to claim benefits. For example, you used a false birth certificate so that you could claim Child Benefit.
- Failed to tell the benefit office about a change in your financial circumstances.
Whatever the situation, we can investigate the allegations against you, ensuring that any charges are robustly defended. The prosecution has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you are guilty of benefit fraud.
Every case is unique and requires a different approach. If you were not acting dishonestly, we can bring this to the court’s attention, highlighting that you were ignorant of the rules and you did not knowingly break the law.
Alternatively, there may be another defence that explains your actions. Our benefit fraud solicitors can discuss the best strategy in your particular case.
Benefit Fraud Solicitors
We realise that people who are under investigation for benefit fraud may never have been in trouble before, let alone appeared in court. This can be an overwhelming experience, especially if you face a fine or a prison sentence. Your benefits could also be stopped and your assets confiscated, leading to financial hardship.
Get In Touch
Why Choose Us?
- Friendly & Trusted Solicitors
- FREE Initial Consultation
- Legal Aid Available