Child Contact Solicitors
Sometimes when a relationship breaks down it is difficult to agree on child contact and child care arrangements. If so, you need urgent legal advice from our child contact solicitors to ensure your children’s best interests are protected.
At McGee O’Kane Solicitors we are experts in child contact cases and can help you resolve the situation.
Child contact disputes
Matters relating to child contact can be hotly contested following a divorce or separation. This is heart-breaking for all involved, which is why it is better to settle the dispute as quickly and as possible.
The precise nature of the dispute changes from case to case. Typically, disagreements arise following the breakdown of a relationship, particularly with regard to –
- Where the children should live
- Who the children should live with
- How much time the children should spend with the non-resident parent
- When the children should spend time with the non-resident parent
- How much child maintenance should be paid
When a relationship ends it can be impossible to resolve these issues between you, especially if communication has broken down. The result is an ongoing battle that makes everybody’s life miserable.
If this sounds like a familiar situation, you need to speak to our child contact solicitors without delay.
Child contact solicitors
As experts in family law, our child contact solicitors can advise what your rights and responsibilities are as a parent, and can help you protect the welfare of your children.
Our clients often tell us that their children are the most important things in their lives. We understand this, and will do everything in our power to promote their best interests.
Where possible we explore amicable ways of resolving your dispute, as it is better for everyone is a mutually agreeable solution is found. We appreciate that you might not be able to communicate directly with your ex, which is why we handle everything on your behalf.
If an agreement cannot be reached through negotiations alone, we can pursue action through the courts, representing you throughout.
How can we help?
We can help with all matters relating to child law, including –
- Child residence – meaning who a child should live with. A decision can be made legally binding with a Residence Order.
- Child contact – meaning how much time a child spends with the non-resident parent, and when. A decision can be made legally binding with a Contact Order.
- Parental responsibility – which is a legal phrase used to define those who have the rights and obligations to make decisions regarding a child’s life. If a father does not have parental responsibility, it can be obtained via a Parental Responsibility Order.
- Specific Issue Orders – which are needed if you want the court to make key decisions about your child’s life. This might include which school your children attend, what religion they are brought up with and which surname they use.
- Prohibited Steps Orders – which are needed if you want to prevent a parent from taking a particular step in relation to their children, such as taking the children out of the country without the consent of the other parent or the court.
- Child maintenance – including whether one parent should pay the other maintenance, and how much
We can also help if social services have told you that they may remove your child. Find out more about our social services solicitors.
Make a free enquiry
Whatever the circumstances, if you cannot agree on any aspect of your child’s care, we can help you. To find out how, please contact us for a free initial enquiry. This gives you the chance to speak to a specialist solicitor without having to worry about legal fees.
Why Choose Us?
- FREE Initial Consultation
- Friendly & Trusted Solicitors
- Legal Aid Available